This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Cardinal Points Audio Notification

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2014 at 9:30 PM
Hello.

Firstly i'd like to give a big thank you to the person or people behind this great application, it has been a great asset when commanding and even when running havoc for my team and I.

There is one addition i would like to see if at all possible though, and that would be the option to have the Audio Notification call out cardinal points (North West Camp, East Keep, South East Tower, etc) instead of the actual names of the objectives (Faithleap, Hills, Heroes Lodge, etc.) Reason being that it's what i am more used to calling them when in the midst of WvW. Even an option to manually input objective names for the Audio Notification would be welcomed, whichever is easier or more feasible to implement.

Anyway, that is just my suggestion, thank you for your time and the great app.
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Thanks for the suggestion! I've opened an issue to track this: https://wuvoverlay.codeplex.com/workitem/1190

I'll see if I can get to it this weekend.
Jul 1, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Thank you for the consideration!
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2014 at 8:41 PM
I have a set of patches which add this functionality (and a fair amount more). I've contacted Pentose about the best way to submit them, waiting for a reply.
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2014 at 6:44 PM
Resolved with changeset 39154: Add the option to use cardinal directions (e.g. North East) when speaking objective changes.

Released in 14.12.12, which is now live.